Hotel «Tsargrad» is located on the river bank of Oka in immediate proximity from the Prioksko-Terrasny reserve,
in an hour of comfortable drive from Moscow on the Simferopol highway (a high-speed line). Here there are
all conditions for business events, family rest, weddings and festive occasions, rest with children.
The visitors can enjoy comfortable apartments and cottages, restaurants and summer cafes, bars, night club,
banquet rooms, conference halls, charcoal grill verandas, children's club and playgrounds, equipped beach on Oka,
the Complex of Russian wood baths with an exit to a pond. Fans of outdoor activities can use tennis courts and
a ground for mini football, try paintball, horse walks, excellent fishing, parachute jumps, flights by a balloon
and even by the jet plane, they’ll also have an opportunity to hire hydro cycles and other water techniques!
The hotel presentation
Official site: tzargrad.ru
The landless expanse of the Middle Russian plane is truly impressive in the Oka River midstream. Famous writer
Konstantin Paustovskiy wrote: «I suppose, nowhere near Moscow such typically and pathetically Russian places
as regards landscape are available». Such commonly Russia-personified land of the Oka River midstream gives the
key to awareness about the Russian people being farmers, warriors, constructors, philosophers and explorers.
Vehemence goes along with a mystery, and together they penetrate the Russian tales and country songs reflecting the
soul of the nation, in which «the flows of tenderness are replaced by the rapids of ferocious melancholy» as was
remarked by geographer and poet Vladimir Solntsev. The Oka River lands are totally preoccupied and filled with
the Russian history.
Yasnaya Polyana village. This corner of the Russian land hosts the estate of Leo Tolstoy. This is where the world-known writer was born, lived for half a century and was buried. There Tolstoy created the masterpieces, which made his literary career so bright. Yasnaya Polyana itself organically intervened his writing. while reading his book «War and Peace» it can be easily recognized in the Lysye Gory estate of Duke Bolkonskiy, who himself was described as the writer’s grandfather Nikolay Volkonskiy. He retired as General in 1790s and stayed at the estate, found himself busy with constructing new premises surrounded by a grand park. At present, the former estate is a large literary museum-reserve famed worldwide.
Serpukhov town has been known since 1336 as the strategic point to defend the place from battles with Mongol-tartars and Polish invaders. The town still preserves the remains of white-stone Kremlin walls surrounding the Soborny (Cathedral) Mount, Troitsky (Trinity) cathedral in the kremlin, Troitsky and Iliinsky churches «on the trading place», Sretensky (Purification) church and Pokrovsky (Intercession) or (Old Believers') church. On the right bank of the Nara River, at the confluence with the Oka River there is Vladychny (Hierarchal) nunnery dated back to 1360. In time of frequent tartars’ raids in the XV to XVII century the nunnery was fenced off by the walls and looked as a fortress. In 1806, it was converted to a nunnery. On the opposite bank there is Vysotsky (High) monastery erected in 1374 by Vladimir Donskoy, the brother of Dmitriy Donskoy, on a high hill (so the name is derived from the height), taken out by request of Sergey Radonezhskiy. His follower Afanasiy was appointed as the head of a monastery, and after he had moved to the TsarGrad, Afanasiy II was elected to serve as a superior. Amongst the church sanctuaries there are relics of about 200 God’s saints including those of Sergey Radonezhskiy. In 1571 the monastery was devastated by the Crimean-Tatar forces led by Khan Devlet-Girey. The fence and 4 towers were built in 1647. In clear weather, when looking from the monastery walls you are impressed by the vastness of the Oka River valley. On the opposite side the Serpukhov town also unfolds majestic panorama reaching the Oka River. You follow it along the right side of the Oka River.
Protvino town. Close to the confluence of the Protva River with the Oka there runs the border between the Moscow and Kaluga regions. The Research Nuclear Center established in 1965 is located on the low shore of the Protva river throughout covered with pine and mixed forests. The science township was erected to serve the Center.
Drakino. In the surroundings of Protvino in the place of ancient town Lobynsk (first mentioned in 1146) there is park-hotel Drakino. This settlement is literally saying coeval with Moscow. Today, it has become one of the best capital resorts.
«TsarGrad». Set up in the Old Russian style the complex of hotels and cottages stretched over the picturesque shore of the Oka River. It takes only an hour to drive from the Moscow Highway (МКАД). It is equipped with beaches and skiing mountains.
Puschino is the science township located at the place of former village Puschino dated back to the XVI century. In 1956 the government resolved to erect the science township of the Academy of Sciences. At first, it was a small settlement, later in 1966 titled Puschino town. Within the academic township Puschino located on the Oka River shore there is the park-manor ensemble built in the time span from 1900 to 1910; it belonged to the Perlovs’ family of tea-trading merchants. The house itself, stairs and monumental support walls with grottos, basins and lion sculptures composed the architecture-and-landscape ensemble. Sloped river shores and banks of terrace ponds are overgrown with powerful pyramidal poplar trees.
Tarusa is a small town on the Oka River first documented in 1215, although it existed since the X century. The oldest in Tarusa Voskresenskaya (Resurrection) Church was built through period 1628-1654. One of visit places is the grave of painter V. E. Borisov-Musatov «Sleeping boy» (died in the age 35 уears). Tarusa was a favorite site of many creators like painters К. Bogaevskiy, V. Byalynitskiy-Birulya, К. Yuon, V. Baksheev, N. Krymov, poets М. Tsvetaeva, N. Zabolotskiy. Since 1954 to the end of his life well-known Soviet writer K.G.Paustovskiy lived in Tarusa; he was buried in the old town cemetery. Today’s outlook of the streets can be referred to the architecture of XIX—XX centuries. Wooden houses are surrounded by gardens, and everywhere they peep out of powerful old trees.
Polenovo. Well-known painter Polenov V. was the one to praise the beauty of the Oka River valley. In 1890 in the Tarusa vicinity, on the right Oka River shore he dwelled in his estate Borok, at present referred to Polenovo. It later welcomed many Russian painters like Levitan I., Korovin K., Vrubel M., Vasnetsov V., Serov V. and others. Now in Polenovo you may find the museum-reserve with a branch placed in a church designed by Polenov in the Bekhovo village.
Melikhovo is known by memorial Chekhov’ premises being the monument of old architecture of the late XIX century. The writer bought it early in 1892 from theatrical painter N.P. Sorokhtin, who arranged his house in the style of his own theater decor. In year 1929 the house crashed down, and it was reconstructed in the former appearance in the 1950s. Only the outhouse was preserved up to now, it was built by Chekhov in 1894; and this is where he wrote his play «Chaika/Seagull». Many of his masterpieces are intervened with the land of Melikhovo. The lovers of old times will be interested to visit the old wooden church of Year of Redemption dated to 1757.